Phone: +61 (0)2 9931-9271
Fax: +61 (0)2 662-2451
Home contact details
E-Mail: email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org
Your time is:
ResearchMy recent research has involved the application of economic theory to several social issues which are increasingly important: the use of illicit drugs, the environmental impacts of energy use, and strategic behaviour in markets with small numbers of sellers, using game theory and economics to model learning and adaptive behaviour in oligopolies. As well, I have included a short piece on my recent research accomplishments.
- A brief research statement .
- Some recent publications .
- Some recent working papers .
- Some research links .
TeachingA short statement of recent teaching acomplishments.
Subject outlines are in Adobe's Portable Document Format. In order to read them you will need the Acrobat Reader (available for the Mac, and for Windows ) and also to have set up your browser so that it recognises the PDF files as requiring Acrobat for viewing and printing.
- MFP Strategic and Economic Thinking, 2000
- MNGT0260 Microeconomic Analysis, 1996, 2000
- MNGT0306 Strategic Game Theory for Managers, 2000
- MNGT0202 Economic Investment Appraisal, 2000
- MNGT0204 Macroeconomics for Managers, 1994
- MNGT0304 Management, Environment, and Resource Markets
- MNGT0594 Systems, Strategy, and Sustainability, 2000
- Economics for Competition Lawyers, 1997
- Thinking Strategically, 1999
- Managerial Decision Making, 2000
- Some interesting teaching links
- Here is a collection of some unusual thoughts on teaching.
Odds & Ends
- Collected advice on research and writing.
- Some sed and troff scripts I've written.
Sed is the Unix streaming editor, and troff is the Unix text formatter.
- Clive James remembers Peter Cook.
- Robert Hughes accepts an honorary doctorate.
- To view this page from behind, look here.
My loving wife, Hazel Church, died on September 14, 1998, after a prolonged batt le with advanced breast cancer. Here are some commemorative pages in Hazel's memory.
Click here for photos of the family.
Since 6 June, 1996, you are visitor number: Web counter courtesy of
Robert Marks, email@example.com
Last amended on 1 May, 2000.